Thursday 7 October 2010

A-Z of me C is for Conkers

Ok Ok I'm very late back. It's a month since we moved but it's been very hectic. So, conkers? I love them. They are one of my favourite things. I love their colour, the warm brown with the reddish tint, I love the silky texture. I love hunting for them and that moment of fabulousness when you find one.

I've always been a huge fan of conkers, I love the game, but my conkers were never very good. It's much easier to be a conkerer when you have children. You don't look nearly as bonkers rummaging around the undergrowth when you have small children in tow.

I'd love to bring them home and put them in a bowl on display but they don't last long and I'm fickle and only love them when they are shiny!

I took the littlies out conkering and it was the blue one's introduction to the marvels that are conkers. He seemed very interested but promptly shoved them in his mouth! I think I've passed my obsession onto my middly as she wants to go conkering every day now.

No comments:

Post a Comment