Wednesday 1 September 2010

The A-Z of me "A" All by myself

This is how I spend a lot of my time. Alone, on my todd, all by myself. the boy is in the RAF. Every other week, he works nights and he goes away too. I'm used to it now. At one point we spent a whole year apart. I make the most of it by reading, studying, watching trashy films that he would hate and that sort of thing but it does get lonely sometimes.

It's difficult having three children and being on your own. Hats off to to single parents! I feel sometimes like I'm spread so thinly I'll wear away. It's hard not having a sounding board, when he's away, contact is limited and life can get quite insular. Housebound after 7pm because that's bedtime for the kids and then your friends are in the same situation so they can't visit either. Sometimes you just want a moan, but phonecalls are too precious for moaning. Sometimes you want a cuddle but there's no one there. I'm quite philosophical about it all generally and I can't stand reading facebook statuses that bleat on and on about being on your own and counting down days or whining about it all. It is what it is. I try not to inflict the boy's detachments on other people. Bleating about them would only make them seem longer.

It is rubbish and it is hard, but we all have to do it. So I try to make the most of it.

Disclaimer - this blog is not whining. I'm just explaining a fact of my life. It will be nice one day to know that there is no more going away and plans can be made and stuff like that. It will be great for the kids not to have to miss their dad for months on end. But until then, I will read books in the bath all night long, watch shite on telly and sleep like a starfish!






No comments:

Post a Comment